Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Setting Sail

Last weekend I went to the coolest pre-wedding event ever: a sailing trip around the San Francisco Bay.  Thinking I was about to attend a ladies only booze cruise, I was a little thrown when I approached the dock and was strapped into a life vest, asked to sign a liability waiver and given the option of borrowing jackets to fight off the cold and wind of the open water.  However, I always welcome the opportunity for a new adventure and new views of my beloved Bay Area.  While sailing around Angel Island, Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, we got to watch the San Francisco skyline glow during a stunning sunset and witness the moon rise. In addition to the beauty and tranquility of the experience, the sailing company gave 40% of the trip's proceeds back to my friend's non-profit and normally gives 10% of all proceeds back to non-profits.  I heart San Francisco.

Departing from Pier 40: Coit Tower and Transamerica Pyramid Aglow

Sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge

Port of San Francisco

My next destinations: DC and Boston

2 comments:

  1. this sounds and looks all too magical and romantic and breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have shared such a romantic evening with you :) Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete