Monday, November 14, 2011

succulents

So I don't know what happened, but something clicked in my brain about two months ago and now I'm obsessed with succulents. I have always disliked gardening (and succulents in particular) so this was a major surprise. Maybe I just came to terms with the fact that any other plant I have slowly dies until I have to bring it to my mom for resuscitation, where it promptly springs back to life and flourishes. Or maybe I just realized that there are types of succulents that don't have thorns to stab you while you're trying to care for it. Regardless, consider this my newest hobby.

On a recent trip to Berkeley with Dyan, we stopped at a nursery to check out the plants. Obviously, I gravitated towards my new favorites.


Unfortunately, no photos of my own succulent plant--it's repeating history and I might have to bring it to the plant emergency room over Thanksgiving, where my mom can bring it back from a grave illness. sigh. It has lasted longer than most of my plants though. I haven't lost hope yet.

1 comment:

  1. succulents, succulents, succulents!! what beauties!

    ReplyDelete