Thursday, September 15, 2011

late summer

It's been forever since my last post. Sorry, but I've been completely immersed in my new, L.A. life. And tomato season. I've become obsessed with tomato season, which could actually last a more few weeks in my new, warm climate. And given my new, intense love affair with the Mar Vista Farmers Market, I've been basking in the benefits of late summer quite well, thankyouverymuch.


On a separate note, the other day I was on my usual (amazing, highlight-of-my-day) bike ride at the beach and I caught this guy hang-gliding. Probably as close as a human can get to being a bird. Very cool, and now on my "to do" list.


And just to rub it in, nothing quite beats a late summer day at the beach.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE how the runner color compliments the tomato perfectly!!! Glorious, meaty tomatoes. :) Where shall we hang glide? I want to have that experience of running and leaping from a cliff somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess - That runner is actually from Guatemala!
    And Jovanna - Make sure you give the Culver farmer's market a chance too. Its actually one of my faves in the area, check out the bakery. Tuesday afternons, like 1-7? An easy bikeride:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 similar Guatemalan runners myself. :) So vibrant and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! glad to see you're enjoying late summer in your home.

    ReplyDelete